Saturday, March 8, 2008

A sign of the times

When I reflect on the past year, I am well aware of changes in me and my life. While some are more subtle, perhaps none is as dramatic as that evidenced tonight. I sit at home on a Saturday night, furiously studying for an awful week of exams ahead rather than going to a gathering to watch the Duke-UNC game. There are definitely moments when I am aware of the sacrifices that I have chosen to make, and unfortunately this is one of them.

2 comments:

Dave Miller said...

I started to watch the game last night, but then realized at the Duke 3 UNC 0 point, that my jinx effect was present. So I recorded the game and watched the 10 point run and victory this morning. I figured that was safe.

Congratulations to UNC!

stephanie said...

I should add that while I give the majority of my life to my work, I do have boundaries. And, if UNC has a good tournament run, I will be enjoying those final games. Championships only come about once a decade for Tar Heels, and if I can indulge in more than one, I will.